Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

having problems with my gas flow on an xrs controller.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having problems with my gas flow on an xrs controller.

The machine will feed wire and flow gas. But after a second of holding the trigger the gas stops. I have switched leads and regulator, still does not flow gas constantly. I have reason to believe its the motherboard. Anyone have experience repairing welding machines?

Originally posted by Tmccub530 View Post
    The machine will feed wire and flow gas. But after a second of holding the trigger the gas stops. I have switched leads and regulator, still does not flow gas constantly. I have reason to believe its the motherboard. Anyone have experience repairing welding machines?

Thats a second of welding, or just holding the trigger, cause gas will shut off if your just holding the trigger and not welding.

Comment

I test it on scrap aluminum and cleaned with acetone and the weld looks dirty when welding. You can tell its not washing ahead of the puddle. I then continued to test the regulator and leads. Still dirty. After testing it while welding a few times i just held the trigger and you can hear it stop the flow of gas. I swapped controllers and im running again just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmccub530 View Post
        I test it on scrap aluminum and cleaned with acetone and the weld looks dirty when welding. You can tell its not washing ahead of the puddle. I then continued to test the regulator and leads. Still dirty. After testing it while welding a few times i just held the trigger and you can hear it stop the flow of gas. I swapped controllers and im running again just fine.
        Probable reed switch inside the controller not telling the machine that it made a contact (welding) The power cable from the power source must pass through a square thingy before it attaches to the drive.
        Last edited by cruizer; 01-08-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I will follow up and try that out. Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X