Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

280DX-Miller's 2nd Promise coming True?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 280DX-Miller's 2nd Promise coming True?

Hey there guys:
    I was just wondering if Miller's 280DX is actually a purchase item this time. I own the first generation 200DX, and was finding some limitations with it, I was really hot after the newly announced 280 two years ago. Only to be getting the run around by sales and promises of actually being published in the sales brochures. They did pull it from the catalog for further testing...WTF.
    I thought it was Miller's sales tactics to sell their bigger machines to people like me that had to have more amps. Well, it worked. I bought a Dynasty 350 last winter, so now you guys can thank me for the now available 280. Now that I have welded with my 350, I have no regrets in buying it. In fact I have welded on projects that I would have exceeded the 280DX's limits.
    Hopefully with the new 280 comes out, maybe prices might drop on the 200's or even the 350's. Here is a photo of my 350 on top of my 252 runner kit, with a homemade tig cooler on top.
    I will be posting photos of my set up in the projects forum when I get time.
    NDAV8R

Not sure I want a tank of water 'above' my welder.

Comment

Originally posted by stickermigtigger View Post
      Not sure I want a tank of water 'above' my welder.
      Good observation, I did think of that when I built it, so in the event of a leak, it drains to one corner without even touches the machines.

Comment

Here is a link to a thread on the 280 that links to yet another thread on the 280

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...d-Maxstar®-280!

you might find them interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
          Here is a link to a thread on the 280 that links to yet another thread on the 280

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...d-Maxstar®-280!

you might find them interesting....
          Thanks for the very interesting link...I am sure glad I scraped up the extra cash for the Dynasty 350.

NDAV8R

Comment

Originally posted by NDAV8R View Post
            Thanks for the very interesting link...I am sure glad I scraped up the extra cash for the Dynasty 350.

NDAV8R
            I have had Dynasty 200DX & Dynasty 350 Tigrunner... for several years now..

NO REGRETS..!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.