Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Where is Stick Like Tig

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Where is Stick Like Tig

We got Mig like Tig competition going on. Wondering if or when the Stick like Tig will start?

Thought it would be a fun topic. :-)

Can anyone do it?

Yes only counts if you back it up with photos.

Especially if you limited it to 6011. 😀😀😀😀

Comment

can i use 6011 for tig

Comment

Originally posted by kevin:315458
        can i use 6011 for tig
        Got to have video of that attempt. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by stickermigtigger View Post
          We got Mig like Tig competition going on. Wondering if or when the Stick like Tig will start?

Can anyone do it?

I can do stick like tig. 7018 DCEP 130 amps. (Just ignore the spatter-if you don't see it-it's not there! ) Lol! Hope you don't limit the competition to aluminum!

Comment

What a dumb idea. Why don't you learn the different processes and become proficient at one or all of them. People come on this forum and ask legitimate questions about a certain process hoping to learn. And then some nut-bar wants to change the whole program and make one weld look like the other?????

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimer View Post
              What a dumb idea. Why don't you learn the different processes and become proficient at one or all of them. People come on this forum and ask legitimate questions about a certain process hoping to learn. And then some nut-bar wants to change the whole program and make one weld look like the other?????

Did I disturb the old timer's widdle nappy poo?

If you had read the initial post first you would have seen the topic was meant to be lighthearted. I seriously doubt it's possible to make a Stick bead look like a Tig bead.

And I don't see in the user agreement anywhere where being lighthearted is restricted or frowned upon.

From one old man to another; chill out dude!

Comment

I'm still working on stick like stick. TIG like TIG and MIG like MIG. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by stickermigtigger View Post

Can anyone do it?

I usually do the MIG like stick thing, but I guess that will be another topic later. Let me know when that gets started.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

I disagree. There's some welding pro's out there who can make a stick bead look better than many TIG welders. To me it's a legitimate challenge, since when I first tried stick some 45 years ago, I thought crappy looking welds were the norm. Never settle for "average".

Comment

This thread is interesting. I've given up on MIG like TIG. I'm concentrating on MIG like MIG, TIG like TIG and Stick like Stick. That will be more than enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.