Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller dealers

Hey guys .....

Is there some way to find out about authorized dealers in my area? I live in Newhall CA which is north of Los Angeles.

many thanks ...

Jorge
    MM210 w/3035
    Next up - Sync 200

Sure call 1-800-4-a-miller

they can get you help there finding out authorized dealers anywhere!

by the way....are you looking for a new welder?.......or you need repairs?
    whoomp there it is

Comment

looking to buy a new welder ... my very first welder at that. I am also entertaining the idea of a plasma cutter.
      MM210 w/3035
      Next up - Sync 200

Comment

SOCALTA...........Dealers near you are

Praxair.......santa clarita....phone is 661-284-3519
        Sims Welding..sylmar...........phone is 818-898-2222
        Airgas West...northridge........phone is 818-700-6475

All with in 10 miles..............Let the quest begin.......Rock..
        SSCOTT@MILLERWELDS.COM
        ROCK

Comment

socal

Which process are you most interested in?....I can help you on that....and gear for each process!
          whoomp there it is

Comment

For a plasma cutter I would choose a Miller or Hypertherm.The plasma cutter that would be most valuable to the home/shop/farm would be a Spectrum 375 Cytmate that has a rated for 5/16 inch 3/8,it has a quality cut of 1/2 inch,and sever 5/8.For sheet metal work I would go with a Spectrum Thunder that has a rated cut of 1/8 and quality at 3/16 because the thickest sheet metal is 1/8....but I would suggest a pacutter with more duty cycle but it all depends on your budget.You will also need a good sized shop air compressor.I would recommend ingersoll rand or emglo in the 40-80 gallon range to provide a good supply of air!

Thunder: $900 +tax @ www.cyberweld.com

375: $1,185 +tax @ www.cyberweld.com

Thunder can be used on 115 house voltage and also 230 volt to even sever 1/4 inch

375 is used on 230 voltage
            whoomp there it is

Comment

Wooly,

I am leaning towards an MM210 with the spoolgun and the Spectrum 375 or a Hobart equivalent. I have a good size Craftsman compressor.
              MM210 w/3035
              Next up - Sync 200

Comment

SOCALTA.............The 375 Spectrum is the same as the Airforce 400. Just different sheet metal...............Enjoy the quest......Rock.. SSCOTT@MILLERWELDS.COM
                ROCK

Comment

mm210's alright but you should check out esab's impressive line
                  whoomp there it is

Comment

Impressive in what sense? Are they better built, less expensive, etc. My daily,weekly/monthly welding demands are not that great. Its mostly for fabricating stuff. Nothing demanding or of any significant thickness/density.
                    MM210 w/3035
                    Next up - Sync 200

Comment

That 60% at 120 amp duty cycle rating on the ESAB 210 doesn t look as impressive to me as the 60% at 160 amps duty cycle rating on the MM 210. Also, Im not very impressed with the fact that the ESAB only weighs 146 pounds. The MM 210 weighs in at 200 pounds. In my opinion the MM 210 is the more robust machine. The MM 210 has a very good drive roll system on it. Plus the short circuit transfer arc on it is very good.The one thing that i do like about the ESAB though is the fact that it gives you 3 more voltage taps. In the end though the MM 210 is the more impressive machine to me, so I purchased it.

Comment

dan,don't matter if you aren't going to weld all day long like a fabrication shop,these mig machines really are not supposed to even be begineers welders...but if socal insists it just depends on wat color he/she wants? i used both mm210 and the esabs equiv.....and i found the esab has better features...cheaper too and i'm glad you like your mm210 but like the old saying goes opinions are always welcome
                        whoomp there it is

Comment

Working...
                        X