Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connect a Spoolmatic 1C to a Maxtron 450

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect a Spoolmatic 1C to a Maxtron 450

I didn't do my homework and purchased a Spoolmatic 1C without a WC1 controller. I thought that it would just be a matter of hooking the gun to my 14 pin connector and run it off of panel. I contacted a miller weld tech about hook up and was told that I needed a WC1 controller. I asked if the spool gun could be ran off of my 60m controller. The tech didn't know if using a 60 M would work. The Spoolmatic that I purchased is in great shape but, I am not sure where to go from here. Purchase a WC1, pursue a way to hook the spool gun to my 60M, or cut my lose and sell the spool gun. Does anyone know if a 60m can work with this gun, or have a good WC1 for sell. Thanks in advance for your help.

A definite no on the Spoolmatic-1 running off the 60M wire feeder. The SM-1 was designed for direct connection to the early generations of the Millermatic 200 that provides the proper power and contains the required circuits to operate the spoolgun. The WC-1 weld controller simply provided those things mentioned above so the SM-1 could be used with non-MM200 CV power sources.

IMO, your best option is to pick up a WC-24 controller and Spoolmatic 30A which is a perfect mate to your Maxtron 450.

That being said, I know a gentleman that's looking for a SM-1 to go with his MM200 and another that's selling a WC-24 and 30A (both of which are NOT me) if you're interested. If you are, PM me an email address.

Comment

I would be interested in selling the spoolmatic.

[QUOTE=duaneb55;314835]A definite no on the Spoolmatic-1 running off the 60M wire feeder. The SM-1 was designed for direct connection to the early generations of the Millermatic 200 that provides the proper power and contains the required circuits to operate the spoolgun. The WC-1 weld controller simply provided those things mentioned above so the SM-1 could be used with non-MM200 CV power sources.

IMO, your best option is to pick up a WC-24 controller and Spoolmatic 30A which is a perfect mate to your Maxtron 450.

That being said, I know a gentleman that's looking for a SM-1 to go with his MM200 and another that's selling a WC-24 and 30A (both of which are NOT me) if you're interested. If you are, PM me an email
      Last edited by 3dcycle.blogspot; 12-07-2013, 09:12 AM. Reason: Info on email so my email on post was removed

Comment

I would be interested in selling the spoolmatic

I just bought the spool gun on eBay. I am just over $400 in on this gun including shipping. Thanks in advance for your help
        As I look at used prices I am not sure that I can afford a WC-24 and 30A but I would be interested in knowing what the asking price would be. Thanks
        Last edited by 3dcycle.blogspot; 12-09-2013, 02:39 PM. Reason: Removed email address

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.