Miller Bobcat 225NT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Bobcat 225NT

What engine will replace the onan 16 performer? Mine blew the front out today just behind the flywheel. It's a 1998 model.

Easiest fix? Another Onan Performer 16. Have you pulled it down to see what happened yet? Good blocks show up on ebay all the time.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
    http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Haven't pulled flywheel yet, but looks like the timing cover. Will know more thursday. I'll have more time to work on it.

Comment

Can you or anyone else tell me the performer 16 shaft dimensions? Such as diameter, lenght and slope.

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean slope i meant taper.

Comment

buy a new one

I could not see replacing the engine on that model. Seems like a lot of money on an older welder, gotta bet that engine is 1500 to 2000 new. Onan engines are outragously expensive! Also dont think they are easily replaced with kohlers, i though they ran a unique taper.
            If you could rebuild it thats a different story. If the crank is still good i believe the 16 to 20 hp engine blocks are the same, not 100 percent but beleive they are.
            Kevin
            Lincoln ranger 305g x2
            Ln25
            Miller spectrum 625
            Miller 30a spoolgun
            Wc115a
            Lincoln 210mp
            F550 imt service truck

Comment

I agree about the excessive cost, going to see about rebuilding. Also thinking of another possible adapting of another engine with a love-joy coupling.

Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
              I could not see replacing the engine on that model. Seems like a lot of money on an older welder, gotta bet that engine is 1500 to 2000 new. Onan engines are outragously expensive! Also dont think they are easily replaced with kohlers, i though they ran a unique taper.
              If you could rebuild it thats a different story. If the crank is still good i believe the 16 to 20 hp engine blocks are the same, not 100 percent but beleive they are.
              Kevin

Comment

Working...
              X