Raynor mig gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raynor mig gun

Hello all I have a question, every now and then I'll be welding, let off the trigger and it keeps pushing out wire. I tore the gun apart ... there's nothing in there what should I look for in the welder it self?? Thanks jake

Is the wire still electrically hot or is it just spooling wire? Gas stops or not? Is this a new symptom or an ongoing intermittent one? What machine? Pros will want a serial number.---Meltedmetal

Comment

It did it a few times this summer. Wire is still hot and gas still flows. On a 200 millermatic I'll get the serial number tonight she was made in the early 80's .
      thanks Jake

Comment

You are sure that it's not your glove inadvertently holding the trigger on? My other guess would be that either the trigger switch or a relay is intermittently hanging on. Maybe some kind of odd short but that doesn't seem very likely to me. Intermittent faults can be difficult to find cause when it works its not broken. I don't know how often you weld with this but if it only occurs infrequently you may have to wait until is gets more consistent or permanent. Perhaps one of the real techs here can offer something more specific.---Meltedmetal

Comment

Yes I'm sure my glove isn't touching it . It doesn't do it until I've been welding for a bit. Thanks jake

Comment

Is the gun a Tweco clone? If so, check the screws holding the copper contacts to the trigger. If they are loose, it will do exactly what you are describing.
            Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

OK I'll check that thank you!!!!
              Jake

Comment

Working...
              X