100' extension cord dynasty 200dx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aleroux1080 View Post
    Just got a response back from miller tech. They said 30a is maximum and 10/3 is minimum recommended for 100'.
    Im still with you guys on the 8/3 though except for price...

up here in the great white north,
    $110 for 100' of 10/3 SOOW
    $350 for 100' of 8/3 SO

cannot find 8/3 SJOW locally for the life of me
    Stu,
    110' 8/3 SOOW delivered to your home free shipping $230

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-SOOW-8-3...8#ht_936wt_679

Nick

Comment

Most eBay sellers will ship free to an address in USA. I'm im canada. I think one I looked at was going to cost $70 shipping up here. It's the same for pretty much anything I want. Good prices online down there, decent availability, shipping is over the moon. Up here prices are high and availability is low.

Also, stu was the second poster.
      Im andre (the OP)
      Thanks for the thought kiwi, I will be scouring eBay and the like for 8/3 with decent shipping to canada, as the quote I got today from local elec. supply is $290

Comment

You could always try ebay Canada..

they have extensions too...

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trksi...at=0&_from=R40

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

It's usually my first stop after eBay.com. Prices are same if not more than local elec supply. Plus all the time spent waiting. What I need is a good buddy that lives in northern Washington...

Comment

100' extension cord dynasty 200dx

Remember that welding extension cords are also a very important investment, if you under gauge you can not only burn your cord and everything around it, you can also burn out your very expensive equipment.

Comment

I agree completely. I've been taking in as much info as possible the last few weeks, asking as many people as I can, reading every bit about this subject as I can. I'm not afraid to spend the coin if I need to. Always like to find the best price though.

As I won't be able to monitor the majority of the cord from where I'm welding I'm really hoping that 8/3 won't be under guage. Miller tech said it wouldn't be, LWS guy said to look forward to popping the breaker a lot. We'll see who's right I guess. Picking up my cord on Saturday

Comment

LWS guy said to look forward to popping the breaker a lot.
                You wont pop a breaker but,,, 8 is overkill for this machine, 10 was 1/3 the price and 1/3 better than needed, it allowed 12 to 80 ft, a 10 and it wouldn't know it wasn't sitting on the panel at 100 ft. Also it is ideal to use 6-50 hardware so it matches the rest of the welding world
                As I won't be able to monitor the majority of the cord from where I'm welding I'm really hoping that 8/3 won't be under guage. Miller tech said it wouldn't be
                You could run 2 at the same time

Comment

I'd hook up 2 50' 12/3 and see how she runs- if you have them around.

You are also up north where the ambient temps are much cooler

8/3 isn't a bad choice just expensive
                  Ed Conley
                  http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                  MM252
                  MM211
                  Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                  TA185
                  Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                  O/A set
                  SO 2020 Bender
                  You can call me Bacchus

Comment

All plugs will be 6-50 except for the dryer end. Easy to switch out if I need to though. It is quite a bit colder here in winter. Average temp thru summer is likely 80-95F

Comment

One of the big benefits of buying a modern machine is the savings an convenience of light wiring and service demands.

A Maxstar 150 cost more up front then a Stickmate or Tbolt but requires small cord and doesnt need long leads.

Comment

A 200 will run a 5/32 lo-hi but most work can be done 1/8 pretty easy.

Comment

Working...
                        X