Which battery powered drill to buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makita brushless had it 4months of hard use. Love it. I have that drill in my hand at least 4 hrs a day
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 210
    dialarc 250
    spectrum 375x
    trailblazer 302
    Lincoln 135

Comment

What type of end would the drill attach to ? Would a battery impact work ? They may have more torque.

Comment

BD1, the other drivers are simply chucking a piece of re rod with a 90* bend in it. This job doesnt required much torque. I currently wind mine up with three fingers on my right hand. Easy enough job, just trying to get away from the painful joints that can result.
        Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt 225
        Miller 180 w/Autoset
        Old cutting torch on LPG

Comment

Originally posted by eecervantes83 View Post
          Stay away from ridgid crap ive had some issues with my chop saw and their lifetime warrenty is an advertising scam . No such thing. Id go with proven quality like makita.

You are right, I keep having the rubber feet break on my chop saw!

Comment

Originally posted by Flyingpig View Post
            BD1, the other drivers are simply chucking a piece of re rod with a 90* bend in it. This job doesnt required much torque. I currently wind mine up with three fingers on my right hand. Easy enough job, just trying to get away from the painful joints that can result.
            Got it. I went back to reread your post. I wasn't thinking of winding up the straps unloaded for storage. I was thinking of using the drill to start to take the slack out of strap and starting to tighten the strap on the load prior to really securing for transport.

Comment

Thought we where talking about batt powered drills??

Comment

While I did ask about drills, the information about other tools made by the same company is also valuable.
                Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt 225
                Miller 180 w/Autoset
                Old cutting torch on LPG

Comment

Best tools myself and my co-workers use are Milwaukee. Hammer drills, grinders, sawzall, batt drill, multi-tools and the shop radio. We have a makita that's used every now and then and it's good too. They just seem to have a really good set of standards for their equipment. Just my $.2!!!

Comment

M

I would buy a Metabo, they come with 4 amp batteries with the option of buying 5 amp batteries for them.

http://www.amazon.com/Metabo-SB18-LT...d_sim_sbs_hi_1
                    Last edited by tackit; 11-04-2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

As a HVAC/Steel guy for 25 years I've had them all and truly the best by far is the M18 Milwaukee Fuel, the batteries last a good amount of time and the tools are powerful. I will be posting vids and pics of my Milwaukee and Miller equipment on twitter @cvmechanical.

Comment

+1 on the makitas

every sparky, plumber, hvac ect guy I have ever met has one. Lxt 18V kit
                        try and find one on sale though. $$$ but still the best bang for your buck.
                        I use my set for carpentry related tasks. Charges fast and lasts a decent amount of time.
                        Not a fan of Milwaukees anything except the good ol' holehawg. Can't beat those beasts

Comment

"The good ole hole hog". You mean the good ole wrist breaker. Lol

Comment

Haha, just used my hole hawg today...with a 6" hole saw on it. Talk about some grab!

Comment

If you'd like to know why you should buy Milwaukee or want to see a very easy and inexpensive way to cut bar grating fast and accurately watch this http://youtu.be/nFCr4Og-sNQ

Comment

They all make a couple models, you want an installer level professional tool?

Comment

Working...
                                X