Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

got zapped by my bobcat.....please help me find out why

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got zapped by my bobcat.....please help me find out why

So I was welding on an overhead door it was raining outside and job site conditions were damp and so was I. These conditions will give me a small uncomfortable amout of sting. But this was with my new to me bobcat in the bed of my truck. I was hanging the stinger from my pouch while reaching for a bar clamp at the top of my 24ft wood ladder and the shock ws bad enough that I couldn't let the clamp go for maybe 5 seconds and really put a scare in me. I've welded in damp conditions for 20yrs with a different welder and never came close to the shock I got the other day. This was the first time I used this bobcat and it wasn't grounded to my truck. Please help me figure out why my bobcat gave me such a big shot,.........thanks.
Working...
X
Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.