Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hobart RC 300

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart RC 300

I have an old RC 300 Hobart power source with an Hobart 27 might wire feeder. This is a nice machine for its age and hate to scrap it but the coarse voltage selector is broken. The aluminum spider that the handle engages is broken and would like to replace it. Anyone know where I could find this at? Thanks

If you have or can get a photo of the broken part, post it. Put a tape measure in the photo to give some reference as to the size. If no one has the part can you build one yourself or have someone else build it?---Meltedmetal

Comment

Unlikely to find one. What I have done in the past is to drill and tap the center with a mating piece. Tack it, and install a knob. Easy peasy...

Comment

Thanks cruiser. I tigged it up and rebored it. Gonna throw it on the mill tomorrow and mill the slots back in it. Hopefully its hard enough. If it shears off I'll try and fix it with a strap and drill andtap it

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.