Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

new Hobart Handler 210 mvp won't feed.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Hobart Handler 210 mvp won't feed.

brand new the unit fires up. re hooked the gun and connection....no go.....tried every position on voltage and wire speed.....no go.....switched polarity for straight wire......no go......flipped spool gun switch several times.....no go.....machine turns on and fan runs.....any suggestions? Thx. Dave

One of the wires came off the trigger...Bob

Comment

Jumper out the trigger terminals at the machine with a paper clip. Playing with the other crap does zero to help. Did the machine not come with an owners manual????

Comment

If it is new, take it back

Comment

It has a manual. I heard they get stuck between voltage settings....reason I tried the other crap.

Comment

Ended up being the big wgite plug inside that connects to board. Talked to Bill at hobart tech....very helpful.said some harnesses were wound too tight...that was the case and the plug wasn't "locked" in....Dave
            Originally posted by JerseyWelder View Post
            It has a manual. I heard they get stuck between voltage settings....reason I tried the other crap.

Comment

Hobart has great customer service. Glad you fixed it. I have the same unit and love it.

Comment

Glad it got solved. What do you think of the welder now?

Comment

It blows my old handler 175 away......I like it more on small stuff than my old mm210....I am running .023 as I love it in these small machines. Gonna try my .035 Outershield E71M and CO2 soon .....dual shield fluxcore....
                  Originally posted by Cgotto6 View Post
                  Glad it got solved. What do you think of the welder now?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.