Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

130 mig

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 130 mig

Hi All,

After a dozen years of trouble free service my Mig 130 is giving me problems. Earlier this years I swapped out the 035" spool and added the EZ Grind .023" spool. The feed roller did have the .023" size and it worked well. After a few months of casual usage the wire does not want to feed through the gun. No matter how much tension I put on the roller with the spring/nut. Any ideas what is the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Skipper

probably a dirty liner.

new liner isn't that much $

Comment

Disconnect the gun, remove tip & try to slide the wire through by hand. If it doesn't go the liner most likely needs replacing. You did try a new tip?

Comment

I have not tried a new tip but that is a good idea. I will see about the liner too. I did not know the gun cable came apart. I will do a search for replacing the liner as I have never attempted to take it apart.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.