Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoolmate aluminum help

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoolmate aluminum help

I recently received a spoolmate 100 spool gun. I am using it with the multimatic 200. I can lay down a good bead with the spray transfer on the flat side of the 3/4" x 3/4" square aluminum tubing 1/16" thick. However when I go to weld the joint sections, it looks like I am laying down worm droppings. Does anyone have some advice as what I may be doing wrong. 100% argon, 14 amps with 320 wire speed. This is what the setting is at for laying down the good bead on the flat.

No one has any information to provide? Looking to see if any one has some advice to try on this matter. Thanks -

Comment

Preheat,,,,

Comment

Sounds like the weld is cold. Try turning the voltage up and adjust wire speed as needed. Also Check your ground. I find that when i ground one end of the two parts to be welded if my welding table is cleaned and shinned up the bead will start easier and cleaner. I wouldn't think 1/16" would need any preheat but ive been wrong before.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.