X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vvvackerdude
    started a topic Is there a way?

Is there a way?

Hi, new to the forum and I would be very greatful for any help. I am setting up a portable rig with a Bobcat 250nt. I have a Spoolmatic 30a and WC-115A controller with contactor. So far so good. Now I also have the HF-251d-1 with NO contactor. My question: Is it possible to use the WC-115A controller w/contactor in series before the HF-251D-1 so I can TIG aluminum with the contactor from WC-115A? And if thats possible can I use the gas solenoid from the HF box (without removing it) for my Spoolmatic? With a quick disconnect hose fitting so I can just change from TIG to Spoolmatic. Any help would be great. Thanks.

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by vvvackerdude View Post
    Hi, new to the forum and I would be very greatful for any help. I am setting up a portable rig with a Bobcat 250nt. I have a Spoolmatic 30a and WC-115A controller with contactor. So far so good. Now I also have the HF-251d-1 with NO contactor. My question: Is it possible to use the WC-115A controller w/contactor in series before the HF-251D-1 so I can TIG aluminum with the contactor from WC-115A? And if thats possible can I use the gas solenoid from the HF box (without removing it) for my Spoolmatic? With a quick disconnect hose fitting so I can just change from TIG to Spoolmatic. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    It can be done but it is expensive and not very satisfactory .... a contactor kit is available... but you will not like the price..
    you could always just run a momentary contact switch from the torch to the HF251 that activates the HF and gas flow and scratch TIG without contactor..

here is a link to a similar situation about a dialarc..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...larc+contactor

your life would have been much simpler if you had gotten a Trailblazer rather than the Bobcat.. the TB has the 14pin interface and works very well with the HF251 and RFCS-14 Foot Pedal for mobile tig.. The TB would not have needed the WC115 at all.. just a WC24 to run the 30A

The 30A DOES NOT need a gas solenoid... it has a built in gas valve as part of the trigger..

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1213ah_mil.pdf

For mobile TIG... your best option would be to sell the HF251 and get a Dynasty 200DX... you will be happier in the long run..

this is my 2cents worth.. others may think differently..
    Last edited by H80N; 10-09-2013, 06:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X