Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

new auto darkening hood

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new auto darkening hood

I'm gonna buy another hood soon and would appreciate yalls opinions on the pros and cons of the different respective hoods out there. Try to convince me to buy your preference. Thanks!
    Last edited by fencemaker; 10-07-2013, 10:07 PM.

Look at the three sold by HTP. Available either on their website or eBay. I have a Jackson NexGen, and prefer this one to my Jackson.

http://www.usaweld.com/Striker-Steal.../90130-csv.htm

Comment

Auto on

Make sure it has auto on/off. I can't understand why the manufactures even make a manual on hood.
      My Jackson is manual on and so is my Miller Digital Elite.
      I bought the Miller Digital and love it, it's always on, and you never get flashed.
      In the pickup it's an old school hood, with diffent shades lens to change out, no room for more than one hood.
      Good Luck,
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Miller:312742
        Make sure it has auto on/off. I can't understand why the manufactures even make a manual on hood.
        My Jackson is manual on and so is my Miller Digital Elite.
        I bought the Miller Digital and love it, it's always on, and you never get flashed.
        In the pickup it's an old school hood, with diffent shades lens to change out, no room for more than one hood.
        Good Luck,
        Bob
        Which jackson hood do you have Bob? I really like the shape of jackson hoods they keep fire off of me better then any other I have used. I have a Jackson old school hood with passive lense that I use predominantly all the time and prefer, but I've been working with another guy part time that does not pay much attention and he will burn my eyes out if I don't watch it so I'm going to buy an auto darkener. another thing I really like about Jackson hood is how comfortable there headgear are as opposed to Miller,, Lincoln, and other hoods

Comment

Originally posted by fencemaker View Post
          I'm gonna buy another hood soon and would appreciate yalls opinions on the pros and cons of the different respective hoods out there. Try to convince me to buy your preference. Thanks!
          I just ordered the new hood from Esab. Tried it out at my LWS. It has a large viewing area and the new technology that shows the colors great through the lens. My Miller shows everything as green. My Arc One is red. The Esab lets you actually see different colors, not just shades. Kinda pricey, but I like it. And it has some kind of anti-distortion tech-the filter works regardless of the angle you look through the lense.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.