• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 64Trvlr View Post

What tips am I be converting to?
    Standard M-15 or M25 mig gun tips with a 1/4-28 thread...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
      Standard M-15 or M25 mig gun tips with a 1/4-28 thread...Bob

I was hoping that would be the answer, I have a ton of those tips.

Thanks again for the help.
      MM 185
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      Spoolmate 3035
      Victor Journeyman Oxy/Acet set

Life Member D.A.V.

Comment

I was reading this and I also have a 3035 running off a MM210. I had the problems some of you guys were having. Here is what I did, use ..035 wire, 4047 or 4043 and keep that stick out at about a half an inch or better and go to town. Now with 5356, turn wfs wide open, 700, then set volts to tap 5, then start ahead of your start(if that makes sense) to warm things up and run back over that place. I use to burn those little tips up too, but did I just get used it or does my machine or technique make a difference? 3/16 Aluminum BTW
        Last edited by 11b; 05-14-2014, 01:20 AM.

Comment

I know this is a blast from the past, but I just did this mod to my 3035 gun and am SO HAPPY with it's performance now. I was getting terrible burn back on 1/8" square tubing and this mod not only fixed that problem but the weld appearance is so much better and appears to give much better penetration too. Simply awesome, thanks.
          Last edited by csedan510; 02-22-2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Just did this to spoolmate 100. Drill press vice, drill press, 7/32 bit, then 1/4x28 standard tap (I considered a blind tap but just used std) and a little thread cutting oil. Clean up with aerosol can of electric contact cleaner blasted through. Only needed to trim liner about 1/8". Will be running on AL today.

Miller does offer a HD barrel assembly part 195375 for about 90 bucks. I don't know what the tips for it are.

No matter. This fix cost me nothing but a little time.

Comment

Originally posted by elkfuler View Post
              Just did this to spoolmate 100. Drill press vice, drill press, 7/32 bit, then 1/4x28 standard tap (I considered a blind tap but just used std) and a little thread cutting oil. Clean up with aerosol can of electric contact cleaner blasted through. Only needed to trim liner about 1/8". Will be running on AL today.

Miller does offer a HD barrel assembly part 195375 for about 90 bucks. I don't know what the tips for it are.
              The tips are different. You still need to do the tap part or use the different tips for the heavy duty barrel. Its already drilled deep just needs a tap run down it...Bob
              Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
              http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Working...
              X