X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank R
    started a topic What filler to use before paint

What filler to use before paint

I have put together a welding cart. I have ground down a few areas and I will sand them too. Still, a few areas are hard to get at. Do you fill the scratches before painting with a Bondo-like material? Do you use Bondo or something else? It would be nice if a product was available that did not have to be mixed.

• weldonwelding
    replied
    Bondo is ok

Leave a comment:

• Frank R
    replied
    Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
    If its an 1/8'' thick or less you can use glazing compound. Its a lil easier to work with and more forgiving
    Thanks! I woud use way less than 1/8 inch.

Any brands to recommend or should I just go to my auto paint store and ask for a glazing compound?

Leave a comment:

• weldonwelding
    replied
    If its an 1/8'' thick or less you can use glazing compound. Its a lil easier to work with and more forgiving

Leave a comment:

• strictlycarved
    replied
    Bondo works good. I do custom fencing handrails ect. I keep a 5 gal jug on hand.

Leave a comment:

• Frank R
    replied
    I should clarify that is not the welds I am filling. It is mostly the adjacent steel that gets hit by the grinder.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerboy
    replied
    It's a welding cart! Just paint it up! Its gonna get beat to death anyway.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Frank R View Post
    I have put together a welding cart. I have ground down a few areas and I will sand them too. Still, a few areas are hard to get at. Do you fill the scratches before painting with a Bondo-like material? Do you use Bondo or something else? It would be nice if a product was available that did not have to be mixed.
    Why fill your welds at all???

they can be painted as is....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X