Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

trouble finding where to buy bobcat service manual

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble finding where to buy bobcat service manual

I have a miller bobcat 225g.
    It apparently has a problem with fuel flow.I noticed that the fuel filter is only less than half full while it struggles to keep running.
    I dont want to start taking it apart without a manual.
    Do I get a manual for the onan engine? Or is ther one for the whole machine besides the owners manual?
    Thanks. I love this website!

Gummed carb??

Originally posted by a12bsmilin View Post
    It apparently has a problem with fuel flow.I noticed that the fuel filter is only less than half full while it struggles to keep running.
    Do I get a manual for the onan engine? Or is ther one for the whole machine besides the owners manual?
    First thing to do is download the owners manual for your specific version of the Bobcat 225G...

that is done by plugging in your welder serial number here...(free download)

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

this will tell you which engine you have...

probably a P216... but better to double check..

if it is a P216 (or that family)

here is a link for FREE PDF download of the Engine Service Manual..

http://www.cumminsonan.com/www/pdf/manuals/965-0762.pdf

sounds like maybe a gummed carb and filter...

I would drain the gas, replace the filter and put in fresh gas with some carb/injector cleaner and run it to loosen the gum..
    Probably some of one of those spray carb cleaners down the intake and let soak would not hurt either....
    There is a lot of varnish in modern gas...
    Last edited by H80N; 10-01-2013, 08:03 AM.

Comment

For engine problems you want an engine specific manual usually not available through Miller. I got mine off ebay reasonably priced. Make sure you get all the numbers off of the engine itself. There should be a tag somewhere on the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
        For engine problems you want an engine specific manual usually not available through Miller. I got mine off ebay reasonably priced. Make sure you get all the numbers off of the engine itself. There should be a tag somewhere on the engine.
        Or download it for FREE from Cummins-Onan....

Comment

Originally posted by a12bsmilin View Post
          The "half full filter" itself is not a problem.

Griff

Comment

Here is a thread on that problem that might be helpful....

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ler-225-g-carb

Comment

trouble finding where to buy bobcat service manual

Fuel line crack
              Fuel pump issue
              Carb float or jets.

Try gravity feeding it fuel by using a small tank held above the carb. Problem gone then check the fuel lines and pump.
              Problem still there then it's in the carb. Haven't been into mine yet but starving can be a plugged jet or a sticking needle valve.

The suction line on mine inside the tank had a small crack in it about half way down. Would run great with a full tank then start to stutter as the level dropped. Took a while to find but an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.