Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

weld coupons

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weld coupons

Hey guys I've been a student for a year now. Thought I'd put up some work on coupons I've been doing at home. Just bought a multimatic 200 love it so far on tig. The first is 3G aluminum 18g, and the second is a 3G steel.
    Attached Files

Real nice work. I think the pict descriptions are reversed. Steel is first. Keep up the good work.

Comment

What did you weld the aluminum with?

Comment

weld coupons

Multimatic 200 doesn't weld aluminum

Comment

Originally posted by zibby View Post
          Sure looks like it does to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Doughboyracer View Post
            Originally posted by zibby View Post
            Sure looks like it does to me...
            Yea but it doesn't, that's why I asked what he used...

Comment

weld coupons

Can't you get the spoolgun for the Multimatic???

Comment

Yes you can. But his aluminum coupon is tigged, which is what we're talking about.

Comment

weld coupons

I was just sayin I thought one can weld aluminum with the Multimatic using a spoolgun.
                  In no way did I imply that his weld was done WITH said spoolgun for multi. Obvious that the weld was done with a tig.
                  Hopefully he is just confused with which machine he used.

Comment

I see. Not trying to be rude, sorry if it came across that way.

Comment

weld coupons

It's ok my man. I was just clarifying myself. No worries.
                      I thought the same when I saw the pics and the caption. For a sec I felt really bad about my spoolgun mig skills till I was like, NAAAAAAAH that's tig

Comment

Originally posted by Cgotto6 View Post
                        Yea but it doesn't, that's why I asked what he used...
                        It DOES TIG so I guess then it would do Alum...? Are you sure you are talking about the correct machine?
                        He has the MULTI-Matic not the Miller-Matic.
                        I am sure I saw a "contractor kit" that IS a TIG set-up.

"Just bought a multimatic 200 love it so far on tig." From OP

Comment

I Am sure it does not tig ALUMINUM. It's a dc only power source which can tig, mig and stick in DC. It can hook a spool mate up to it for aluminum, but as I and others have pointed out that coupon is clearly tig welded. Are you sure your talking about the same machine?
                          Last edited by Cgotto6; 10-01-2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doughboyracer View Post
                            It DOES TIG so I guess then it would do Alum...? Are you sure you are talking about the correct machine?
                            He has the MULTI-Matic not the Miller-Matic.
                            I am sure I saw a "contractor kit" that IS a TIG set-up.

"Just bought a multimatic 200 love it so far on tig." From OP
                            I won't claim to know much about tig or this machine but it can be set up to do DC tig but not AC tig. From what I've read aluminum is AC tig only. Likely preferably with HF as well. If I had the machine, the setup and the gas I'd probably try it just to see what it would or wouldn't do. But I can be contrary.---Meltedmetal

Comment

Originally posted by Meltedmetal View Post
                              I won't claim to know much about tig or this machine but it can be set up to do DC tig but not AC tig. From what I've read aluminum is AC tig only. Likely preferably with HF as well. If I had the machine, the setup and the gas I'd probably try it just to see what it would or wouldn't do. But I can be contrary.---Meltedmetal
                              That is why I put the question mark in there too...looks like he was claiming it could be done. I don't do it, and by it I mean TIG of any kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.