Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here, I can't see where I'm going. I don't see my line/mark... what to do ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here, I can't see where I'm going. I don't see my line/mark... what to do ?

Try center punching along your soapstone line, then connect the marks. Also try positioning the plate so you are welding at a slight angle away from yourself. This will give you a better field of vision.

Comment

It takes time to get perfect straight beads.. Plus body positioning your hood and a steady hand all put together will give you straight perfect beads..

Comment

Try pushing instead of pulling, so the stick doesn't obscure where you want the bead to go.

Comment

I had the same problem. Couple things that helped me:

1. I have a 2 power cheater lens installed. This added clarity.
          2. A portable halogen light also helps.
          3. I put a piece of angle iron behind where I am welding (if the situation allows it). It reflects back and also helps.
          4. Practice, practice, practice. You will get better with time. Concentrate on the puddle.

Comment

what shade lens are you using i use a shade 10 for almost everything and put a clear lens on each side of the shielding lens

Comment

Working...
            X