Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to flash a Miller AEAD-200LE

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to flash a Miller AEAD-200LE

I recently purchased this machine, it wasn't running. I replaced the coil (double) wires points & wires. Had to clean out the gas tank & carb. Got it running good, but no output. I can't figure out which set of windings to flash with 12 volts. There are 3 slip rings on this unit. 3 possible windings. Don't know which one to flash and how to apply the polarity. This unit has the circuit diagram no. B-047 318.
    I need some help.
    Cliff

OK, had a looksee, this unit DOES NOT physically flash, it has an exciter winding in the stator, and (electric start model) has a small inline diode (D4)to do this job, Otherwise both the electric start and the pull start have a control bridge SR2 for this purpose. Don't bother trying to flash it yourself.

Comment

Okay

I did have to replace the D4 diode which was physically broken in half. I did this a while ago, But it still doesn't put out anything.
      So How do I get it to start generating & welding?

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.