Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller 211 with Spoolmate 100

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 211 with Spoolmate 100

I just hooked up my Spoolmate 100 to my 211MV. I seem to have all the settings correct but when I get the gun all ready to go I hit the trigger on the gun and nothing happens with the wire feed. When I release the trigger the feed runs BACKWARDS for a couple of seconds and shoves the wire back to the spool. WHAT GIVES?

Is the small connection right? How about the switch on the front of the machine, is it on spoolgun? I have the same set up but have not seen this

Comment

Connection seems proper and switch is in correct position. Called Miller service this morning and was told since the motor runs backwards for short time after the switch is released and not when it is pressed it is most likely the motherboard in the welder. Can't wait to have that replaced......... Maybe I needed a Lincoln machine?

Comment

Miller 211 with Spoolmate 100

Blasphemy!!!!!lol

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.