Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see pictures of your band saws

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Synchroman View Post
    I have a 1987 Enco 7X12 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw. It was built in Taiwan. It originally had a large coolant tank in the bottom of the chassis but it made a mess so I modified the saw. I changed it to a dry sump and used the original pump to raise the coolant up to the blade from a two gallon tank. I added a catch tray and raised the unit up on risers for easy cleaning. The coolant drains back down to the tank through a filter. I use Mobil soluble oil and the blades last a long time.

I welded the tank myself using 1/8" steel plate. The unit works quite well and will do a very straight, even cut.

The unit.

The coolant tank.

Nice saw and improvements Synchroman. Taiwan machinery isn't bad, I have Rong Fu Mill I like very much.

Can you show pics of your portable hydraulic unit? It looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post
      Nice saw and improvements Synchroman. Taiwan machinery isn't bad, I have Rong Fu Mill I like very much.

Can you show pics of your portable hydraulic unit? It looks good.
      If you are referring to the unit next to the saw on the left, that's a vintage Bernard TIG cooler. I have two coolers. One is the Bernard (2.5 gallon), and the other is a homemade cooler that holds 10 gallons. Both have Procon pumps and special motors to drive the pumps. I alternate then now and then just for fun.

Here they are side by side a few years ago after I rebuilt the Bernard. I also welded up the carts that they are sitting on using old bed frames. If only those bed frames could talk. LOL.

Rong Fu is a good name in equipment. I had a R.F. Mill Drill for more than ten years before I got a large Webb (Bridgeport clone).

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps4a91f322.jpg
      Last edited by Synchroman; 09-11-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

You do nice work synchroman. I was thinking how uncluttered your hydraulic unit looked. That's a nice Web mill you have too.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post
          You do nice work synchroman. I was thinking how uncluttered your hydraulic unit looked. That's a nice Web mill you have too.
          Well thank you very much for the nice compliment! I'm a hobby welder and machinist so I probably have more time for "G" jobs than most. I sure enjoy this work, however. I've always admired professional welders, too.

Comment

Anybody else using an old-fashioned power hacksaw? SLOW, but always nice straight cuts.

Comment

What do you do most often in your band saws? Typical work you do?

Comment

Originally posted by old jupiter View Post
                Anybody else using an old-fashioned power hacksaw? SLOW, but always nice straight cuts.
                Yup, I have three. A Racine and two others that were converted from line shaft drives to motor drives a long time ago. Also have a V-36 Doall band saw.---Meltedmetal

Comment

I got a picture of my band saw made by Rollin
                  Attached Files

Comment

JET J-3410 7-Inch by 12-Inch 3/4-Horsepower 115-Volt Single Phase Horizontal Wet Bandsaw

Name:  297f14fdd6506818d53f33e539290c52.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  49.0 KB

Comment

Nice saws. I've have always wanted a reciprocating saw, my old dear friend who patiently taught me how to weld after I got out of weld school has had one for ages, he never talks about getting a band saw.

He's built so many trailers out of every kind of formed metal he could get his hands on I can only guess the number. He used to pick up old overhead garage door tracks from garage door businesses, he would double them up to make carts, trailer frames and just about anything he wanted from them. Reminiscing here a bit.....I love you Joe.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.