Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used the Lincoln Torchmate tables?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used the Lincoln Torchmate tables?

I am just curious. My company is not small enough to justify a full blown ESAB Sabre setup and was just wondering if the Lincoln 4x12 Torchmate is any good? I have experience with an older ESAB Sabre with twin 200 amp machines but none with these smaller units. Is the software complete? What kind of price are we looking at for a complete programmable setup? Would stay under 3/4" or smaller. Dave

I wish I could afford/needed one, I would buy a dynatorch.

http://dynatorch.com/?gclid=CI6cxOf0...m1gALQcomplete.

Comment

I have a PlasmaCam with a Hypertherm PM-1000...

No complaints... it has served my needs...

Comment

What size plasmacam and how much invested to get started?

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyWelder View Post
          What size plasmacam and how much invested to get started?
          Is a 4x4 Plasmacam THC2 with Hypertherm Powermax 1000 cutter

bought it new in 2007...

as I recall it was right around $13K for the whole shooting match including the Powermax...

Comment

Does it include a nesting software?
            Originally posted by H80N View Post
            Is a 4x4 Plasmacam THC2 with Hypertherm Powermax 1000 cutter

bought it new in 2007...

as I recall it was right around $13K for the whole shooting match including the Powermax...

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyWelder View Post
              Does it include a nesting software?
              I have no Idea what is included these days...

no nesting software came with it in 2007

you could always inquire..

http://www.plasmacam.com/indexfla.php

Comment

I have a small Torchmate 2x2 growth series machine. It was inexpensive (as far as CNC plasma tables go). My package came with full cad software and a TD cutmaster 52 plasma for around $6000.
                The growth series machines are no frills machines. They come with stepper drive motors. Mine has manual z axis.
                For the cost of the machine, it does some very good work.
                If I were to buy another Torchmate table, it would be a 4x4 non growth series gear driven servo motor machine with auto Z axis.

Comment

Reading Dynatorch's website most plasma table manufacturing companies are using CNC Mill software to run their machines.... where Dynatorch's software is written in house especially for (there) plasma tables.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post
                    Reading Dynatorch's website most plasma table manufacturing companies are using CNC Mill software to run their machines.... where Dynatorch's software is written in house especially for (there) plasma tables.
                    FWIW... PlasmaCam supplies their own in house written software as well..

and has from the begining....

http://www.plasmacam.com/software.php

Comment

FWIW... Plasmacam writes and supplies their own software as well, and have from the begining....

http://www.plasmacam.com/software.php

Comment

http://dynatorch.com/software

Comment

really do not know much about dynatorch... but I do know that Plasmacam runs their own in house written software... because I have been running it since 2007...

you do not need to go out and purchase any 3rd party software...like "CNC Mill"
                          Last edited by H80N; 09-05-2013, 02:50 PM.

Comment

It's probably an advertising strategy meant to confuse the public.... it' wouldn't be be the first time.

Comment

It's probably an advertising strategy meant to confuse the public.... it' wouldn't be be the first time.
                              Durned if I know...

but do know that the tables are getting steadily better as is the software...

easier to use and better built

plus the prices have been dropping...

across the board...

that is a good thing for those wanting to get into CNC Plasma these days...
                              Last edited by H80N; 09-05-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.