Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little shop knowlage

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little shop knowlage

Here is a welding related scoring test take the like then click the start button to take the test.

You all will do good. I made a 94 so its kind of a midterm thing.

If you know of more, bring em in,

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/...g-midterm-exam

I only scored a 90, I failed, I thought they wanted leathers verses Cotton, when I do work at Power sub stations they dont allow cotton, we have to have FRP clothing verses blue jeans.

I've been laying electrode holders and mig guns on my welding tables for 28 years and have never electified my tables.

They were asking about a question about a line burner also that I got wrong.

There was another abbreviation that I had never heard of.

Comment

only 88% for me. Some questions i really didn't know...Bob

Comment

Hmm, 6 minutes and 90%, and I don't weld.... Not sure why one would wear cotton during an oxyfuel process, seems to me you'd catch fire somewhat faster than if you had leathers,

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          Hmm, 6 minutes and 90%, and I don't weld.... Not sure why one would wear cotton during an oxyfuel process, seems to me you'd catch fire somewhat faster than if you had leathers,
          I think it is a trick question
          The options are
          Leather
          Cotton
          Wool
          Rayon

I imagine they do not consider leathers "clothing" but PPE
          So then the choices are
          Cotton
          Wool
          Rayon

Cotton wins

Comment

Little shop knowlage

I scored in 80's two, also been welding off & on full time over 30 years. Missed one I knew big thumb hit wrong box & I didn't see it. I missed the one about confined space. Go figure.

Comment

Only reason I got in the 90's was a few lucky guesses and I have been researching the new oxy/act rig for a few weeks now.

It was interesting tho and I have looked for others but only finding test for pay.

If you guys run into any test online, post them. I enjoy taking test for some reason if I have at least some knowledge in the area.

My worst test ever was an Air Force communications security test. COMSEC I think it was called. Was a requirement with our top secret clearance.

Anyway, I had no clue about what it was all about and the buck Sargent knew. So he gave me the plastic answer cover used to grade it and said miss a few. LOL

Well I took it pretty fast and a Major comes in looking for answer sheet in his desk. The Sargs face went blood red and I was about to crap a nice one. He got up to help find it and I slipped it to him as he walked by. My nerves were beyond shot. This was a SAC Base and they did not play. My cheating days were over after that.

Comment

Little shop knowlage

I found I am wayy to cautious,but how can that be,lol. 10 on the acty and 8000 cf on space. Didn't know the track burner one either. Mid80. Never was the"A" student. Fun test and good to refresh the basics.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.