Blue star 180k problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue star 180k problems

Hi there I've got a blue star 180 that I bought which the previous owner replaced the orginal engine with a harbor freight predator engine. My question is what can I do with the wire that hooks up to the rectifier since a pred doesn't have an alternator ?.? And what is the voltage required on this wire I believe it is # 50.
    can this be bypassed?
    Last edited by Akilowatt; 08-30-2013, 10:36 PM. Reason: Additional info

Does the predator not have a charge coil? Does it have a starter, pull and/or electric? A serial would be handy as there are 2 180K diagrams.

Comment

180k problems

The predator only has one wire coming off the charge coil it is electric start with a rope backup. Did not find a ser on the welder but the wiring dia under the cover is # SC-147 173
      the welder is not producing any output at the plugs or the weld output. And I'm thinking that this might be the problem and is there a way to bypass this???
      Last edited by Akilowatt; 08-30-2013, 11:10 PM.

Comment

T1 is an AC coil. thats looking for the input from the charge coil in the engine. Not entirely sure how you would mimic that

Now that charge wire (which goes to #57 on the 180K), has to go to a rectifier. You will ahve to dig out the other side of its rectifier, as #50 has to go to it. Otherwise you will have to mimic the 18Vac to RC1-3&4 from T1 isolation transformer.

You may get away with going direct to RC1-3, 4 with 12VDC. Won't matter on polarity. Output will be reduced, but it may work.

I use tech manuals not owners manuals, so your #'s mean squat. Thats why I use your serial#'s

Comment

180k problem

Where would the ser no be located didn't find one on the faceplate ? I looked on millers website but the only manuals available were owners manuals where can I get a tech manual?
          Last edited by Akilowatt; 08-31-2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X