Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.


  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller Auto Arc APC 3025 Plasma Cutter

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miller Auto Arc APC 3025 Plasma Cutter

    I know this question was asked a few years ago, however I could not find a response anywhere. I have an old Miller Auto Arc APC 3025 plasma cutter with SAF CP25R cutting torch. I cannot find the consumables anymore, Miller doesnt have them, is there anyone out there that has any of these, or any information on changing out the torch to a newer style?

    Thank you

  • #2
    Originally posted by JP1305 View Post
    I know this question was asked a few years ago, however I could not find a response anywhere. I have an old Miller Auto Arc APC 3025 plasma cutter with SAF CP25R cutting torch. I cannot find the consumables anymore, Miller doesnt have them, is there anyone out there that has any of these, or any information on changing out the torch to a newer style?

    Thank you
    Those consumables were nowhere to be found in all of my U.S. searches...

    did find a few retailers in the UK that carried them..

    your best bet if you wanted to keep that particular torch...
    might be a wholesaler in Singapore..

    http://www.maniweld.com/

    could send them an email inquiry..

    they do show that torch model

    http://www.maniweld.com/plasma.htm

    they seem to carry parts for all manner of old and obsolete plasma torches.. and ship worldwide..
    Last edited by H80N; 08-28-2013, 01:10 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by H80N View Post
      Those consumables were nowhere to be found in all of my U.S. searches...

      did find a few retailers in the UK that carried them..

      your best bet if you wanted to keep that particular torch...
      might be a wholesaler in Singapore..



      Thank you for looking, I sent the overseas companies emails, with no reply, I will keep trying them, was hoping in the meantime someone might have another idea.

      Comment


      • #4
        I stick the thermadyne torches on everything, maybe go that route. Pretty simple

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          I stick the thermadyne torches on everything, maybe go that route. Pretty simple
          Is it possible to add that style of torch to a plasma cutter that is an auto arc? My torch has no button or wires, is there a torch out there that would work, maybe a model number?

          Comment


          • #6
            OH, yeah you have that push down to start unit, there is no conversion for it. Didn't last long and wasn't all that popular (Saftey reasons), thus no aftermarket or market consumables. The mainstream torches use HF or air movement to start the pilot arc after a switch is hit. Could probably do it with a digital timer, another air solinoid and torch, but honestly for the 12-23 cutting amps. the price to convert will far exceed what you could pick another newer cutter up for.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cruizer View Post
              OH, yeah you have that push down to start unit, there is no conversion for it. Didn't last long and wasn't all that popular (Saftey reasons), thus no aftermarket or market consumables. The mainstream torches use HF or air movement to start the pilot arc after a switch is hit. Could probably do it with a digital timer, another air solinoid and torch, but honestly for the 12-23 cutting amps. the price to convert will far exceed what you could pick another newer cutter up for.
              **** I was afraid of that, thank you for the info, guess its my grinder with a cutting wheel for me then. I appreciate the help. Thanks

              Comment

              Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.