Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

trouble with miller 350 p

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with miller 350 p

I can get the machine to spray and pulse while welding flat, but when I go to weld vertical its messy. I have no clue how to set the machine for pulse. As soon as I set pulse the wire speed and voltage setings change and automatically go to 400. please help me I need to practice for my mig cert on Wednesday. also what should the gas setting be ?

Also running ER70S-06 with 88-10-2 gas, should I be running 03 wire instead
    Last edited by millerelite; 08-26-2013, 03:28 PM.

Sooo, your running mild steel with a wacko gas blend, what is it? Argon, CO2 & Oxygen or something different??

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      Sooo, your running mild steel with a wacko gas blend, what is it? Argon, CO2 & Oxygen or something different??
      its 88 argon 10 c02 2 oxygen

that's what the welding shop recommends

miller recommends 90 argon 10 co2 when using spray transfer

Comment

Not really, its actually 98/2 for spray. Never the less, way too hot to run vertical, so don't bother, You need a short arc gas like C25 or C15. No oxygen

Comment

then why does aws not recognize anything else but those settings for d 1.1 3g

pulsed mig spray with 90 10

Comment

trouble with miller 350 p

I use C-15 (85arg 15-co2) but I mostly run metal core wire. And agree with cruizer oxygen is to hot. I only use 98-2 for drop Carbide hard surface application just for the extra heat needed. As for mild steel vertical to hot.
            With pulse it took me awile to get it under control for vertical. I'm way under the settings on the Michine and have you adjusted the Arc length and sharp arc or arc control. Had to drop both of them to get to settle down. Once you get it dialed in works fine.

Comment

Really its pretty close, though if you really look at the droplets, its just a sped up globular transfer. And personally I don't really care, I just trouble shoot. You've got O2 in your mix, and no way to get the heat down for verticals. Then again most applications with pulsed spray for steel is a waste of time ( in my opinion). No idea why you use it, spray & short arc is much easier to control.
              Last edited by cruizer; 08-27-2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.