Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need expert help A.S.A.P.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need expert help A.S.A.P.

Hi Folks,

I want to set up with an aluma feed system and I can get an XMT 304 at a good price.Can I use a 304 as a power source for an aluma feed, or do you have a suggestion for a pulse set up for aluminium.....I know about the 350 p and a thechnicien told me to stay away from them( pricey to repair). Most of my work for boats is aluminium.......

Thanks for reading AG

I'm pretty sure you can use a xmt 304 with the alumafeed feeder but you can't pulse with it .

Comment

Alumaweld if it's not pulse I will have to pass on the 304..

Thanks for the reply! AG

Comment

Can't you use for all xmt cc/cv units the optima MIG pulse controller? I pretty much thought you could. I'm not an Alum expert by any means so correct if I'm wrong but I just thought I read it somewhere.

Comment

The only way you can technically pulse with xmt 304 is with external unit called the optima 304 pulser. I have used the optima before and my opinion is that it is junk, old technology. I would look at the invision 350 MPa if you are looking to pulse

Comment

Your tech is a moron, anything with boards is pricey, but really, they don't crash too often anyways. If you scared of replacing boards, best find a machine that doesn't have any boards, but then you won't be pulsing.

Yes, few machines have a built in pulser cept for the MPA, or 350P. The Optima 304 handles the job nicely, and happens to be the identical technogy as whats in the MPA. Setting up is a breeze. Personally, I'd go with the one stop shop Lincoln 350MP , or a Miller 350P for ease of use.

I'm a Miller CST TECH, think I'd know.

Comment

Been running 350-p every day for almost 2 years and hasn't quit yet. Actually haven't put a penny in it. Made me some money. So if it does break down ill just fix it, nutten in this country free anyway. So far I'm way ahead if the game.
              It also pulse welds just pretty fine.
              Good luck Greg

Comment

Got my MM350P about 6.5 years ago....

No Complaints...

I know several guys with them.... all happy..
                Last edited by H80N; 08-26-2013, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.