Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller bobcat /p216

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller bobcat /p216

Hey good morning anyone could assist me would be great.
    have a miller bobcat gasoline onan engine but I am not getting any spark to the plugs so far I check the coil and is ok any other thing that I can do ? And by the way it a two cylinder engine.model#p216-1/11519H.....s/n #L007189227 thanks in advance

The most likely thing to check -

There is an oil level switch that cuts off the ignition if the oil level is low. Check the oil level and be sure it's full. If it is, then it the level switch might be bad. Find it in your manual and temporarily jumper it out to see if the motor will start without it.
    If it does, don't leave the jumper on, replace the switch. If you don't you may someday destroy the engine when the oil level goes low.

I'll try to find my manual and look for other possible causes, but my next reply won't likely be today. Maybe someone else will be able to help.

Charley

Comment

Originally posted by Stone View Post
      Hey good morning anyone could assist me would be great.
      have a miller bobcat gasoline onan engine but I am not getting any spark to the plugs so far I check the coil and is ok any other thing that I can do ? And by the way it a two cylinder engine.model#p216-1/11519H.....s/n #L007189227 thanks in advance
      Here is a link to download the service manual for that engine...

it is a Free PDF download from Onan...

http://www.cumminsonan.com/www/pdf/manuals/965-0762.pdf

Comment

Miller babcat/.'

Originally posted by CharleyL View Post
        The most likely thing to check -

There is an oil level switch that cuts off the ignition if the oil level is low. Check the oil level and be sure it's full. If it is, then it the level switch might be bad. Find it in your manual and temporarily jumper it out to see if the motor will start without it.
        If it does, don't leave the jumper on, replace the switch. If you don't you may someday destroy the engine when the oil level goes low.

I'll try to find my manual and look for other possible causes, but my next reply won't likely be today. Maybe someone else will be able to help.

Charley
        Thanks I will try that and let you know .

Comment

Actually it's just an oil pressure switch that opens with no oil pressure that cuts off power to the coil to save the engine in the event it runs low/out of oil. The switch is located under the air cowling near the oil filter.

If the OP switch is OK then a likely cause is a bad ignition module that you can test based on the procedure in section 8 of the manual that H80N posted the link to.

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
            Actually it's just an oil pressure switch that opens with no oil pressure that cuts off power to the coil to save the engine in the event it runs low/out of oil. The switch is located under the air cowling near the oil filter.

If the OP switch is OK then a likely cause is a bad ignition module that you can test based on the procedure in section 8 of the manual that H80N posted the link to.
            Thanks I check it out ..let you know the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone View Post
              Thanks I check it out ..let you know the results.
              Hey I want to confirm that the problem was the oil unit did what you say and it work thanks again ....the machine needed and oil change and a good service.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.