Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old welder model 62

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old welder model 62

I bought a miller AC arc welder at an auction. It only says Model 62 and serial # 15610 and looks pretty old. I could not find Miller model 62 anywhere on the internet. Just wondered if anyone knows about this model. It is grey, not blue. it is very heavy and sits on wheels. It has a crank on top to set the power and a dial on the front that goes up to 230 amps. I would appreciate any information I can find about it. Thanks, Rick M.

I saw one years ago that was similar to yours. Was thinking mod 60 but it could have been 62...Bob

Comment

Older than I thought

I received a nice reply from Miller Electric Mfg. Co. saying the model 62 was made in the mid 1940's. They sent me three instructional manuals from that time period, which describe my machine very well. The original owners told me it was used in an automotive shop until recent years and still works well. I am looking forward to trying it out soon. Thanks for the reply! Rick M

Comment

Probably a great welder. I have a copy of The Welding Encyclopedia, 12th edition (1947), and it has an ad for what looks like your welder. NCG sold a Hollup welder that looks a lot like the Miller.
        Last edited by cope; 08-21-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

How about a picture

Comment

Miller Model 62 Circa 1947

Originally posted by Renagade View Post
            How about a picture

Name:  d7cb109c47045c24e3214b192c20b87d.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  84.3 KB
            Here's a web site with some old welders. I'm not sure how to post a picture here.
            Rick M

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...=592480&page=2

Comment

Rick, very similar to my Model 88. Use the low tap below 100 amps, and the high for greater than 100 amps. I bet it's a sweet running machine. Miller might be able to provide an owner's manual.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.