mm251 stutters and pops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mm251 stutters and pops

I like that blaster. What kind of abrasive you using for the stated applications.

Comment

mm251 stutters and pops

What is the purpose of the #8 or #79 wire? Is it something to remove only if it stutters and pops or something that can change characteristics of a good running 251.

Comment

Tex, the #8 or # 79 wire removes the hot start from the machine... It seems to me the machine is welding much better in all respects period.

I run Black beauty through the blaster. I use a 1/8 pipe for the nozzle instead of the ceramic 3/32? nozzle Texas Blasters sent me with their hose. It was to small of a hole. The black beauty would plug the hose at the tip with the valve just barely cracked. In order for the media to come out so little of it could be sent through the hose it was hopeless to get anything done.
        Last edited by tackit; 08-12-2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

mm251 stutters and pops

Please clarify one thing for me. What exactly is hot start and its function.

Comment

This technology provides a smooth, spatter-free start. No pop-gun starts or spatter to clean up. It gives a temporary burst of energy on start up to help initiate the arc.

Comment

mm251 stutters and pops

And for you removing that feature has actually helped your arc starts or overall weldability. I love my 251 and have never had issue with starts. I just can't use factory recommendations as they are never even ball park. What kind of steel projects are you blasting with that black beauty abrasive.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas113 View Post
                And for you removing that feature has actually helped your arc starts or overall weldability. I love my 251 and have never had issue with starts. I just can't use factory recommendations as they are never even ball park. What kind of steel projects are you blasting with that black beauty abrasive.
                Yes! Miller told me to do it.. and it helped/worked, not all 251 machines have the start up problem it seems. Right now I'm working on a brake drum forge, Im using black beauty to take rust off steel I salvaged from a 275 gallon oblong oil tank to build a wind screen around the back of the forge.

Comment

Working...
                X