Big Blue 400 Perkins vs Deutz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Blue 400 Perkins vs Deutz

Buddy of mine had an ole Big Blue 400 with the Deutz. He put alot of hrs on it,sold it then bought a 07 big blue 400 with the Perkins. Says they both weld bout the same but the biggest difference is his fuel usage. Says the Perkins uses bout 20-25% more fuel than the Deutz with almost same size and hp output. Any of you guys had the same experience or know of a possibility of a problem or concern. Thx

I know guys that used to use big Deutz eng's. on irrigation pumps and they burned about a third less fuel than the same sized Cummins or Cats. So I would say your friend's fuel usage is about right.
    Trailblazer 302
    Lincoln SP-135-T
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Smith torch
    Spoolmatic 30A

Comment

The Duetz has allota torque, the Perkins not so much, The deutz has better fuel economy, Sort of, but not much different if the Perkins is tuned properly. Now the duetz does have some problems, like the timming belt needing to be changed out every 2000- 2500 hrs, tough to get at alternator, and belt system. fuel shut down soliniods erratic and equally fun to get at. both have equal life span if properly tuned.

Comment

Big Blue 400 Perkins vs Deutz

Thx y'all!!

Comment

The deutz makes a lot more noise than the perkins.....That perky just hums along at full load....and the deutz screams along at full load......It makes a difference if you have to listen to it all day ......

Comment

Working...
          X