Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ar prices

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ar prices

Any of you have prices of ar plate handy? Im getting 4x8x1/4'' for $360 a sheet and feel like im getting a good deal from my local supplier. I have never priced it anywhere else or bought it anywhere else so im just curious

I just got a price of $274.28 for 4' x 8' x .250 diamond plate.

Comment

Thats a lil high for diamond plt. Im talkin bout ar400

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
        Thats a lil high for diamond plt. Im talkin bout ar400
        Fill me in a little about ar400.

isn't that supposed to be good steel for bucket repair? if so what are other applications would you prefer to use it on.

Thanks

Comment

Anywhere you need "abrasion resistance", its used a lot in sand and gravel plants, asphalt plants etc...

Comment

not trying to be short... about to leave and just caught a glimpse of this. If no one else taps into this and explains a lot about ar before I get home tonight... i'll try...lol

Comment

Here's a good overview of AR400 steel.

http://www.cliftonsteel.com/tensalloy-ar400.html

Comment

Good stuff. I need to get a line on some locally.

I'll be calling around next week. Some flat bar and plate on hand might be the difference in getting a job or not getting a job. I don't have the equipment to deal with a 4x8 sheet so I'll have to see what options are available.

I am thinking this is a HUGE issue. When you don't have the materials on hand customers make another call. Last week a guy calls about a 2x2 sq. tubing rail on a rollback.

Gravy job but I messed up and said I'll have to run out and pick up a stick of tubing. Oh ok he said, I'll bring it by and let you have a look. Never heard from him again.

Comment

Yeah 2x2x1/4 or 3/16 is good to have on hand. I tried to get 4x1/4'' strips of ar400 for this job but they didn't have it and weren't sure if they could even get it. I had to buy a whole sheet and strip it down.

Comment

I called the closest supplier and he doesn't stock AR400.

He had some Jalloy maybe with AR designation / DP500, I'm guessing here, are those the same two things and could they be used for the same purpose as the AR400?

Comment

Weldonwelding, I bought some a few months ago and my price was $ 1.08 lb. so there giving you a fair price.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.