Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about bobcat 250

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about bobcat 250

I have a 2008 bobcat 250 w/ the kohler that is constantly revving while on high. This stops while welding though. The solenoid that controls the throttle is continously moving back and forth. Any ideas what causes this?

thanks

Dave

Add Content

Comment

Whoops, meant to say " is there any grinders, drills, battery chargers, or lights of some sort pluged in?

Comment

Also when was the last time you fueled it? Did you fuel anything else at the same time? If so does that have problems running to?

Comment

think I narrowed it down to stopped up idle jets in the carb.

Comment

May be but I doult it, many of these units even from new do the same thing, Basically the carbs are set up too lean on idle. so the fix is to merely close the choke valve slightly. Problem vanishes

Comment

I take it you mean the engine is surging.

You could be looking at a governor sensitivity adjustment issue. Try moving the governor spring outward on the governor lever one hole and see if it improves. If it does but doesn't take all the surge out, move it out another hole if available. Note you will have to check/reset the maximum speed adjustment to spec.

Comment

I had a couple welders do the same thing.. it is the most aggravating thing. I got rid of one and ended up replacing the carb on the other. Seemed I tried everything else before that

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.