Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

new syncrowave 210?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by makowicki View Post
    Looking at pictures and some of the specs almost seems to be a knock off with blue paint. I will have to stop LWS and see what they know.
    Knock off of what???...

Sure would not think so....
    Last edited by H80N; 07-24-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
      Knock off of what???...

Sure would not think so....
      Knock off of their own equipment

They already have the technology from their Dynasty and Diversion series stuff.

Just put it in the 212 or 252 case and ta da !

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
        Knock off of their own equipment

They already have the technology from their Dynasty and Diversion series stuff.

Just put it in the 212 or 252 case and ta da !
        And all this time I was under the misaprehension that a "Knockoff"

was a copy of somebody elses work...

Who-Da_Thunkit...

Comment

Sounds interesting... when are we going to get details??

Upgradeable and Expandable
          Front panel memory card data port provides the ability to easily upgrade software and expand product features

And the Owners/operators Manuals.. released soon????
          So they took the Dynasty280, detuned it, called it a Syncro, and shoved it into a Millermatic cabinet. I like it.

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/AD4-6.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
            Sounds like a good way to "muddy the waters" regarding the distinction between transformer-based versus inverter-based machines.
            It also sounds like a good way to pˇss away the good name of the Syncrowave BRAND.

Personally, as a hobbyist/weekend warrior, I wouldn't own an inverter.

That's why I chose a Syncrowave 250.

I suspect there are a lot of other welder purchasers in the same boat.

Up until now, if someone mentioned a "Syncrowave," everyone knew they referred to a transformer-based machine. Not anymore.

Now, for the first time, when we talk about Syncrowaves, we'll have to talk about whether they're transformer machines (all except the 210) or inverter machines (the 210).

How's THAT for branding, folks? I bet it took an MBA to come up with that!

What's next? The Miller "Pinto" ... or maybe the Miller "Edsel"? Or how 'bout "The New Miller" ... like "The New Coke"?
            Last edited by Helios; 07-25-2013, 05:01 AM.

Comment

The duty cycle seems low, though that may be conservative. On stick, it's 150A @ 20%. My TA 161STL is rated 160A @ 30%.

And a max OCV of 47 Volts?

The Sync 210 manual has been added to the manual section.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o261726a_mil.pdf
              Last edited by USMCPOP; 07-25-2013, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Does it come with a internal water cooler? Or will it have to be a add on?

Comment

Originally posted by USMCPOP View Post
                  The Sync 210 manual has been added to the manual section.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o261726a_mil.pdf
                  Thanks Pop...

That Operators Manual clears up a lot....

Maybe they will develop a small water cooler to tuck into the side compartment....

a water cooled torch would broaden its market and make it a neat little all in one lite industrial TIG...

A lot of people don't need the features and complexity of a Dynasty 200DX but do need a bit more than a Diversion 180..

this should fit right in...

Could also see it equipped with a water cooled Micro TIG torch like a WP-125

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...cPath=13_18_39

or WP-24W

http://www.weldcraft.com/products/wp-series/wp-24w/

would fit right in with jewlers, injection mold repair and university labs... and a bunch more places...

It's simple setup could open up new applications for less sophisticated operators...
                  Last edited by H80N; 07-25-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Do wonder what doors might be opening up in the low amperage TIG automation arena with "Memory Card" and firmware upgradability... a USB pipe is a tiny step more.... that is if it does not Already have a built in "Diagnostic Port"....

There are lot's of places where a small affordable programmable supply could be used...

Small scale CNC is now quite common.. in areas like Plasma Tables and milling machines...

no reason that welding could not be incorporated into the mix...
                    Last edited by H80N; 07-25-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
                      It also sounds like a good way to pˇss away the good name of the Syncrowave BRAND.

Personally, as a hobbyist/weekend warrior, I wouldn't own an inverter.

That's why I chose a Syncrowave 250.

I suspect there are a lot of other welder purchasers in the same boat.

Up until now, if someone mentioned a "Syncrowave," everyone knew they referred to a transformer-based machine. Not anymore.

Now, for the first time, when we talk about Syncrowaves, we'll have to talk about whether they're transformer machines (all except the 210) or inverter machines (the 210).

How's THAT for branding, folks? I bet it took an MBA to come up with that!

What's next? The Miller "Pinto" ... or maybe the Miller "Edsel"? Or how 'bout "The New Miller" ... like "The New Coke"?
                      Interesting marketing trivia with the "New Coke"- when they launched it it was a disaster as everyone pretty much knows but when they switched back and came out with Coke Classic they took back more market share than they had with the original Coke. Accidental genius marketing

Comment

How does that make any sense if retailers like IOC and others are offering it through Ebay and openly on the internet..????...... which is about as universal market as you can find..

that dog don't hunt....

No anouncement no literature... very awkward and clumsy... odd to say the least...

Probably a great little machine but all this mysteriosity sure casts a shadow over it..

where does it fall in the lineup?? does it compete just below the Dynasty 200DX or is it a minor step up from the Diversion 180??.....

What distinguishes it as an improvement on the Sync 200 that we would assume it replaces??....
                        You can disagree or dislike but that is how Miller has always done it in the past.IOC may be able to buy from more than one region from Miller and that would account for their being able to offer it nation wide before some other dealers.
                        Last edited by big mike; 07-25-2013, 02:20 PM. Reason: clarify

Comment

Originally posted by big mike View Post
                          You can disagree or dislike but that is how Miller has always done it in the past.IOC may be able to buy from more than one region from Miller and that would account for their being able to offer it nation wide before some other dealers.
                          Been using and buying Miller welders for Many Many years... and their product introductions have always been a lot more orderly and well thought out than this.... with the exception of the mess that surrounded the aborted launch of the Dynasty 280DX....

that being said ... the Syncrowave 210 looks like a decent enough machine...

I am not the least bit surprised that it is an inverter... fully expect the phase out of transformer machines to be complete in the next couple of years...(if not sooner) inverters are much more efficient and cost effective... and with the advent of high power semis and function control semis... they can be incredibly versatile...
                          Last edited by H80N; 07-25-2013, 05:51 PM. Reason: Spelling..

Comment

I am not the least bit surprised that it is an inverter...

I do agree with the idea inverters will be replacing transformer machines, power supplies for many applications are becoming inverter. The modern IGBTs are very solid parts that can do some amazing stuff. Where I work we build power supplies for the Navy (who is very careful about changing from what works) is changing some systems over. Some of the supplies we build that are for commercial use push these parts hard and they hold up. One big challenge is preventing Counterfeit parts from coming in the door. Its a big problem for any builders of electronics, you buy your parts from a supplier and they are marked "intel" and they are not.

Comment

Its on there website now.

Comment

I'll still hang onto my Syncrowave 200. It does exactly what I need and is all paid for.

I'm sure that the 210 will be a good machine too, but I'm all spent out on welding equipment now. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.