Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water cooler hose for Coolmate 4

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water cooler hose for Coolmate 4

Hello, I was wondering if there is a specific grade of rubber hose that should be used with the water cooling systems for a Tig Cooler. I was planning on using the green ribbed rubber stuff that i have made inert gas hose out of, i think its Parker branded. I need some really robust jumper hoses to run from the cooler and the torch saver i'm going to install , and then join the actual torch hoses with the couplers. I need a fairly custom length set up and thought most of the manufactured hoses might be a little prone to damage. I have read that the Tig coolant can react with different types of rubber and cause it to deteriorate.

Your LWS probably has some more "Official" stuff..

But I have used Rubber Fuel Injection hose in the past with good results...

It is plenty rugged, will easily withstand the 60psi of the coolmate and will not react with the coolant...

Like this stuff..

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=240844_0_0_

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.