Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailblazer 325/ 12RC wire feeder issue

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailblazer 325/ 12RC wire feeder issue

Hey hoping someone may be able to help, I have a 12RC wirefeeder hooked up to a 325 Trailblazer (350 hours), running .045 Blueshield T9 flux core with C25 gas, 28.5 volts (at the machine, 50' 1/0 cables and 50' 14 pin miller remote cable) about 380 IPM. The issue is, when the machine is at low idle (2420rpm on the display) and I initiate the arc, it sputters, then i have to wait for it to idle up before my arc is stable. This didn't happen for the first two days, and since I am fitting on this job, tacking becomes annoying. I have spoken with miller, and on my days off I am taking it in to get it load tested and check the fuel delivery. I have switched the machine from CV Flux core to CV solid wire and have yielded better results. How ever I can not get it to initiate a stable are from low idle. I have hooked my wire feeder up to an XMT 350 using my cables and it runs just like a 22A wire feeder does. Is there something I am missing? This is my first time running wire off a engine drive but I expected better.

Also since my machine will be going in to service, does anyone know if I can hook up a 12RC to a Lincoln 305g?(my backup machine)

Engine fuel modulator is likely to blame for the sputtering.

Comment

Well its at the doctor today, so hopefully its something simple. I am picking up a Trailblazet 302 for the meantime cause I cannot run that suitcase off a Lincoln.

Comment

I guess in a bind you could run the xmt 350 off the Lincoln and run the feeder off the xmt.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.