Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 280 AC/DC Tig Welder

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 280 AC/DC Tig Welder

We're still waiting. :-)

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00389

Anyone got any insider info about when?

Did you complete the email interest forum? That will notify you when it is released.
    It is interesting, looks like a CST 280 with ac and high frequency start.

Comment

So will it only have 200 amps max output on single phase like the CST280?

Comment

Originally posted by Drf255 View Post
        So will it only have 200 amps max output on single phase like the CST280?
        Input Power 208-575 V, 3- or 1-Phase Power
        Rated Output TIG: 250 A at 20 V, 60% Duty Cycle (1 or 3-Phase)

Stick: 200 A at 28 V, 60% Duty Cycle (1-Phase)
        250 A at 30 V, 60% Duty Cycle (3-Phase)
        Welding Amperage Range 1 - 280 Amps (DC)
        2 - 280 Amps (AC)

Comment

Dynasty 280DX..????

Still Mythical at this point in time...

So why even worry about it??

Comment

Hey stickermigtigger,

Further testing on the Dynasty 280 is still actively progressing, and this project remains a high priority. The quality and performance of our products comes first and foremost, and therefore we can't make any time commitments surrounding the product release quite yet. As soon as we have a release date, we'll make sure to let everyone know!

Comment

I was once a (new) product manager for a device that was delayed about 6 months. It went on to be tremendously successful, but I developed a lot of gray hair in the meantime. We had pre-sold some, and I spent hours on the phone every day with customers wanting to know the story. Sold about $12 million worth at $36,000. a pop.

Comment

I have a friend that has one and and is testing with it, He said its going to be a great machine and would'nt say any more about it.

Unfortunately, All he said was that theres a good chance that it will be blue so I'll have to wait like everyone else.

Comment

Not a 100% sure, but according to the rumor mill, that 280 had some nice patented by others software and parts inside. because as you remember it was ready to go, then just as quick pulled. So now its in complete redesign. Will it be available in the near future . probably not...

Comment

Dynasty 280 Release

While at the 2012 PRI show in Orlando a man wearing a Big Blue shirt said their quality people were having unnamed issues with the 280 and was not included in the 2013 catalog. He also said don't hold your breath for a release any time soon. I was waiting for this machine but couldn't wait any longer and pulled the trigger on the 200 dx. I'm very pleased with this machine and I haven't hit the limits with it.

Comment

Yep, went with a 200 DX myself. Happy camper here.

Comment

Is this FINALLY FOR REAL this time??

Comment

The Dynasty and Maxstar 280 air cooled models are currently in a nationwide rollout. We wanted to give you all an expedited notice of the release. Here are the product pages for details and specification.

Dynasty 280 Series - http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00389
                          Maxstar 280 Series - http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00356

Thank you all for your support and dedication to the forums!

Comment

outta my price range

Beautiful machine for someone who can use it but way outta my price range for an enthusiastic enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                              Is this FINALLY FOR REAL this time??

They look nice, but pricy!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.