Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipepro 350 or 300

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipepro 350 or 300

I'm hearing that the Pipepro 300 welds hard wire in Position better than the
    350 Pipepro ?
    What do you guys think !!

OK, there is NO Pipepro 300, its either a Bigblue 300 pro, or Pro300. There is a Pipepro 304 and 350. Yes the Pipepro 350 is a hybrid inverter, so yes it will weld better than a untuned Pro 300. A tuned "by me" Pro 300 will pretty much outweld a PP350

Comment

What do you do to tune the pro 300?

Just curious as to what is done to dial this machine in to get better performance?

Comment

you don't have a pro ,,,, do you..

Comment

Pipepro 350 or 300

My Brother-in-law partner welding 20" Schedule 10 SS has a 300 pro where both using Extreme 12 wirefeeds with .035 hard wire and his beads are going in better then the 350 PP ,
          What can I do to fix this Cruizer ?

Comment

Drop the high idle (Engine RPM) on the PP350 to no more than 61.5hz. This is a MUST DO!! Wave forms are COMPLETELY out to lunch if you don't. Drop the high idle on the pro300 to 61HZ - 61.3hz

Measured with a frequency meter (HZ) at the 120 aux terminals. Now I do other stuff, but for the basics, you have to do this first. Massive better difference in weld quality

Jeff

Comment

Pipepro 350 or 300

I will give it a try , thanks Cruizer !

Comment

Pipepro 350 or 300

I don't know much about these Mitsubishi engines , Where is the engine idler located Sir ?
                And adjusting the idler Will that change the characteristics Of the stick welding ?

Comment

cruizer, is that hz with the machine at high idle and no load, where would i find a meter with hz on it?

Comment

Pipepro 350 or 300

I have 2 PipePro 350's right now and have ZERO complaints on there performance. Thinking about adding a third. I am very intrigued about enhancing the performance of them though, how would a guy go about do this on a CAT powered machine?

Comment

I have a fleet of fluke meters, most have HZ on them,,,. Any how rmp on the cat/perk is adjusted at the injector pump. The Mit is already adjusted for best performance. The Mit is my engine of choice. Remember though air filters MUST ALWAYS be Donaldson or Lubrifiner. NOTHING ELSE!!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.