Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inerpac 100 Ton ram with electic hydraulic unit.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inerpac 100 Ton ram with electic hydraulic unit.

I just scored a gently used 100 ton hollow bore ram ( Hydraulic cylinder with a hole through the center ) , I also got a 40 ton Hollow bore also, Both cylinders are approx. 12" long.
    I also bought a electric over hydraulic unit made by inner pac also.

What I will use it for is pulling hard to remove pins out of equipment, putting bushings into equipment buckets.

WOW, those are some nice rams. That 100 ton ram is a monster. I had a 60 ton for a while, but had an extremely hard time using it by myself for pushing / pulling bushins and pins. It was way too heavy for me by myself. I eventually went doun to a 30 ton. It worked great for me . Good luck with that monster 100.

Comment

I just battled a 1-1/2" x 16" pin out of a 6 whl international with a high rail setup for riding the tracks.I used a 30 ton ram and a hand pump.But it would not budge.Until I had at it with my arc-air slice torch and a few rods took the center out of the pin about 10" deep then it came out.I would have took some pics but my camera walked about 2 months ago still not sure if I lost it or someone stole it.

Comment

Jspence, your right the 100 ton is a big boy, I think I saw the specs on it weighing 109 lbs.

I have 6 cranes in the shop and one on the truck without them it would be a little more difficult.

Back in the winter my cousin who does portable line boring came to my shop and used his 100 ton Hollo bore to install a bushing in a 5 yd, excavator bucket that was .002 over size, 100 tons plus the shock of a sledge hammer put it in and no welding was required to hold it in place.

After I saw that I just had to have one.

With the price of factory pins being close to $ 600.00 it sure is nice if you can save one once in a while, Not to mention eating all the blow back when trying to carve out a pin.

Comment

I definitely know what you mean about eating the blow back from a pin. All of my line boring is done in the field and unfortunately I don't have a small crane to use. That was why I switched to the 30 ton hollow ram. Much easier to handle and luckily I haven't had a problem with it pushing and pulling.

Comment

Now I'm thinking I should look for a used portable line boring machine, But if I get that I will then need a lathe to spin up bushings.

Just how many things do I need to get into.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.