X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bossman2000
    started a topic Need to make steel rings

Need to make steel rings

Hi would this machine be able to bend a 25 mm/ 1 inch bar into a 360? If anyone has and recommendations I'd appreciate. I don't have any heat (propane). I'm trying to avoid renting.
    Attached Files

• Bossman2000
    replied
    Need to make steel rings

That's all great advice, I will use every method described off here that I can. I will probably use 20mm as I have a lot of it left over from fixing gate hinges. Ill stick up s pic of my efforts!!!

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    If you are building the handles then I think you are way off base with 1". Ours are all made with 1/2" round bar. To make them easily out of half inch you can weld an end to a pie e of 6" pipe, then heat with a torch and start bending, then just follow it around. Keep it spiraling up until you have as many loops as you will need. Then slice through the whole mess with a cut off wheel. Bend the ends together and weld. I just bent some solid 3/4" square into half circles today, and while it is doable, it takes a lot of heat. Much easier is to find a local blacksmith and have him do it, not a big job.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Have them cut from 1" thick steel pipe and round over with 36 grit sanding discs. Prob 20 minutes each...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Bossman2000
    replied
    Need to make steel rings

Yes 1 inch/25mm

Leave a comment:

• chewinggum
    replied
    That looks like less than 1" diameter stock.
    CG

Leave a comment:

• Meltedmetal
    replied
    Quoits?

Leave a comment:

• Bossman2000
    replied
    Add Content
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bossman2000
    replied
    Need to make steel rings

Just making this

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    For forge building it is likely best to go on iforgeiron.com and search there. I do quite a bit of metal work for the highland games here in Phoenix. What is it that you are making exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Nathan128
    replied
    Need to make steel rings

Just get a propane tiger torch heat them and bend them around something the same diameter. If you have a pipe the right diameter weld the one end to it and just keep bending it around like a spring till you have enough coils. Then cut them pound them flat and weld them together. Multiple same size rings.

Leave a comment:

• jrscgsr
    replied
    You can buy a cheap ring roller. Just make sure it's up to your capacity.

Leave a comment:

• Bossman2000
    replied
    Hi, how would Make a forge? Any pics?

Leave a comment:

• Bossman2000
    replied
    Need to make steel rings

Ah ok Dave ill give it a proper read later.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Theee are cheaper brands.....gotta figure time, material and gas as well. Good luck. Dave
    Originally posted by Bossman2000 View Post
    @turbo they're a bit pricy at 21

Leave a comment:

Working...
X