Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 200 got Hi Freq, but no Amps

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 200 got Hi Freq, but no Amps

Machine turns on, tig starts with Hi freq but no amps. was working fine 2 days ago. Checked in coming power, 240 volts at the switch. nothing looks burnt.
    No codes.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Kelly

I have had some weird things happen when the foot pedal plug wasn't connecting good.

I think I would try setting it to remote and use scratch start or lift start and bypass the foot pedal. You can also reset back to factory default.

Sorry I can't provide any real help, just fishing here.

Comment

Thats the way it will behave if you forget to put your ground clamp on.

Check your ground.

Comment

Because to have no reported error code, I'd go for Ground clamp, and/ or failed torch. (broken cable conduit.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. So far I have no results.
          Next I will take off all leads and try to stick weld.
          Kelly

Comment

Tested leads on another machine and they work fine.
            When I try to stick weld the amp meter reads about 6 to 7 amps at about 30 volts. when I stick the rod the volts drop to 1 or 2 volts and the amps go to about 35...
            ??
            Kelly

Comment

I had this problem a while back, and due to the cost, it wasn't worth repairing. So if the machine is still under warranty take it in. otherwise, I believe you've lost your pc1 board and boost board. Big bucks

Comment

Ouch!
                Thanks for the help.
                Kelly

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.