Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are your prefered work boots? laceup or pull ons?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are your prefered work boots? laceup or pull ons?

looking to invest in some new work boots soon. just wondering what you guys prefer on brands and lace up or slip on?

Pull ons definitely if you are welding, sparks and buckshot mess up laces, I prefer wolverine brand boots, very comfortable and good quality

Comment

Red wings. Can't get much better

Comment

Lace ups with metatarsal protection, HyTest 6300's.

Comment

Red Wings.....lace ups.......torch away not towards u and laces will be fine.

Comment

Jb good hue ironworkers with nomex or Kevlar laces

Comment

I used to be a Red Wing guy but they started manufacturing some of their boots in china so I started looking around. Found Thorogood Boots. They have lasted much longer than the last pair of Red Wings and I am sold on them. Worth checking out.

Comment

White's boots....all leather...leather laces...they can be rebuilt....In my opinion, there are no better boots...I started wearing them in 1969....I have gone thru 4 pair and 4 rebuilds to date.... I wear them every day....

Comment

Thanks I guess I got to do some searching to see where they are sold around here

Comment

Think I'll just go with Justin slip on square to...a lot of people at work have them an like them plus there on the cheaper side which is good for me

Comment

Love my red wings...

Comment

Never had any last better then double h pull ons

Comment

lace ups, can't stand my socks gettin eat by pull ons. if it weren't for that i'd probably wear pull ons

Comment

I used to wear pull ons until a couple of hot berries went down on the inside.
                            After that it's Red Wing Lace ups.
                            If you can't control your sparks, do like I do, carry spare laces.
                            Good Luck,
                            Bob

Comment

I've owned a number of boots over the past few years and for myself I like Rocky Original Ride boots. First I take the leather mudflap off the toes then I use Mink Oil on em. It waterproofs em a lil more and everything just bounces off of em. Knock on wood but have never had any sparks or cherry bombs go off in these boots. Work ten to twelve and feet and back feel, well pretty darn goo for this dinosaur.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.