Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller welding jackets, are they worth it?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller welding jackets, are they worth it?

Looking into a new welding jacket, just wondering if the miller line is worth the Money.

Don't own one

Was in the market for one recently and read bad reviews aplenty online about them...

Decided to go with a competitor fabric shell with leather sleeves

Love it

Comment

Which competitor, I'm looking into a Tillman 9360 freedom flex(leather arms and fr cotton torso)?
      Last edited by nywelder; 06-19-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I have one and like it, but I am not a pro welder, and do not use it every day. The reason I purchased it was because I was getting shocked from my TIG machine and the leather sleeves provide a better barrier, insulation leaning on the table.

Comment

I am a hobbiest, I'm just looking for something better than my cotton shirt with a million holes burned in it. I have a leather jacket that I use when I'm doing stick but its way to hot. I mostly do mig and tig once or twice a week( on my welding table in my garage).

Comment

I wear t's, cloth welding sleeves, and good gloves.

I have two Miller welding jackets, wear the blue one when the weather is a little cool and the leather one when I want to strut.

Comment

This one

Nice and cool yet still protects arms. Also has scribe pockets in sleeves/shoulder area

I am not a pro welder but an enthusiastic hobby welder

Lincoln Electric X-Large K2986 Shadow Split Leather Sleeved Jacket

Comment

DON'T GET IT 2 minutes tops of grinding and I was on fire I have worn the jacket for a total of 10 hrs. I would be willing to put some pics on just let me know

Comment

I weld for a.living
                  And use miller jackets & gloves
                  The cloth blue jackets are very good and comfortable in my opinion.
                  From the tall neck protection
                  To the high quality buttons. I use to wear generic brand and other name brands. I've notice that the seams don't come apart. + they. Hold up well to grinding .

Comment

JtSharp;

What jacket are you referring to?

Comment

This is the jacket I got/ referring to
                      Attached Files

Comment

JtSharp;

Doesn't need to catch fire the looks alone would keep me away!

Comment

I should have. The leather is dying my skin yellow to. Should not of got it

Comment

I a going to try the miller indura ( blue shirt). I will give it a shot and post what I find. Thanks again for the recommendations. Steve

Comment

I got one and within two days the snaps rusted

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.