Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Pipepro 350

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Pipepro 350

When welding during the day When it gets warmer about 90, The machine turns over but does not start up It takes two or three times before it starts up . Does anyone have any ideas what it could be ! Please help !!!

Maybe the carb's main jet needs to be opened up....it's set to lean.....

Comment

Where would one find the carb on a diesel? Is it that it's hard to start when it's warm outside or when the engine and ambient temperature are warm?

Comment

Originally posted by Manisoba View Post
        Where would one find the carb on a diesel? Is it that it's hard to start when it's warm outside or when the engine and ambient temperature are warm?
        As I recall the carb is right next to the distributor

Comment

The Pipepro 350 is diesel, With a Mitsubishi engine, So I'm clear sorry about that !
          It's doing it when the engine is already hot And using it during the day .
          You guys any idea I'm stumped !

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
            The Pipepro 350 is diesel, With a Mitsubishi engine, So I'm clear sorry about that !
            It's doing it when the engine is already hot And using it during the day .
            You guys any idea I'm stumped !

Engine controller is damaged, Take it into your local Miller repair shop and have them change it out.

Comment

Gentleman diesels are injected there is no carb and no distributor.

Comment

Q

Originally posted by owner-operator View Post
                Gentleman diesels are injected there is no carb and no distributor.
                Sure there is. Just to the left of the aerial bearing and just above the drongle retroflector! (I'm sure that post was meant as humour as was this one!)

Comment

Cruizer is this a on going problem with the Pipepro , have you heard of anyone else with the same problem ?
                  Thanks for the input !!

Comment

A friend of mine had the same problem and fix. Works great.

Do you adjust the carb with a metric crescent wrench also. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                      Cruizer is this a on going problem with the Pipepro , have you heard of anyone else with the same problem ?
                      Thanks for the input !!
                      Yes quite common, and for the idiot non diesel guys its best to lean out and rejet the carb, and change out the spark plugs

Comment

Only one guy not guys. I'm well aware this is no carb hence why I asked where one would find it

Comment

Hey Cruizer where is that engine controller at I don't see it in the manual and is it expensive ?
                          Thanks for the input I appreciate it!

Comment

Left side under the blue sheet metal and pretty much dead center in the white box.

Your machine would have to be still under warranty, sooooo, free.

Comment

Hey Cruizer called and talked to a miller tec he said there was a bad batch of them .
                              He's putting one in the mail for me be here in two days !
                              Again thank you !

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.