Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Favorite E6010?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Favorite E6010?

What's your favorite E6010 stick electrode?

And why?

5p+..lincoln

Not as harsh as 5p .. Runs consistent... Tried and true...have never run any other 6010s. My edit ...should have added I only bead pipe with these
    Last edited by piper; 06-21-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I learned how to weld using Lincoln's Fleetweld 5P, I tried plus but it seemed mushy and less aggressive. I chased cracks on my neighbors wood burner 20 years ago with 5p and my Miller Legend and the welds are still holding it together.
      Last edited by tackit; 06-14-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Hyundai. Ive also run Lincoln 5p which were terrible. They were difficult to restart and when you did most of the time the flux would pop off.

Comment

Lincoln 5p+. I like to say there are two kinds of welders out there when it comes to 6010. Those like myself that do everything by themselves like the + because it cleans up so much easier, almost as a 6013 or 7014 removing the flux after a weld.

Plain p on the other hand cuts harsher and is difficult to clean, it's like bad 6011 for that.

I use either the Legend or a Trailblazer and absolutely love the plasticity of the + puddle. Vertical ups, most of what I do, are fun because the puddle is more like taffy than hot lava to work with.

Comment

Hands down... Lincoln 5P+

Comment

What's Your Favorite E6010?

If your 6010 coating slivers and comes off/is hard to start dip the rod in some water. It's too dry.

Comment

Have too say the Lincoln Fleetwood 5p plus love them! But have used 5p and there okay, imho there better than any 6011...
                I have also used esab 6010 10 plus and there very good rods they don't seem to have as much arc blow and they easily come shiney clean
                Last edited by K.C. Brashear; 06-24-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.