Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine driven welder?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine driven welder?

i have a millermatic 175, and a dynasty 200. I want to purchase a deisel, because imo desisel will last longer.....am i wrong?.....a deisel miller welder that i can plug my dynasty 200 into on 220 amps. what machines should i consider? thank you.

Do you need a diesel welder or just a diesel genset?

I guess it depends on what you are doing , and where you are doing it. A diesel genset would fit the bill i suppose, but if you need a diesel welder as well i would look at the big blue pro 300 , they have the output to run your other machines along with the added power output for stick and wire welding with larger wires if you get the accessories. The next question or concern is how much coin are you willing to spend? For the money its worth it to spend a bit more cash than if you just got a trailblazer 302 diesel, they are high rpm units and run like they are gonna blow up and are quite noisy. The pro 300 is more cash but you get more , along with a quieter unit. Look online , you might get a nice used one from a rental outfit a lot cheaper than buying brand new.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.