Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

millermatic 211 or 212 or 252

Hardarock40;

Are you saying that you are not happy with the mig steel welds on the 211?

"Really want a spool gun for my 211. If it saves as much time and welds anything like Mig steel does I would be fit to be tied."

If so what's the problem? Have a co-worker that has a business fixing fire equipment and he seems happy with the 211's performance on steel and aluminum with spool.

Comment

Originally posted by ericher69 View Post
      Hardarock40;

Are you saying that you are not happy with the mig steel welds on the 211?

"Really want a spool gun for my 211. If it saves as much time and welds anything like Mig steel does I would be fit to be tied."

If so what's the problem? Have a co-worker that has a business fixing fire equipment and he seems happy with the 211's performance on steel and aluminum with spool.
      Oh no, I love my 211. Ran it on someName:  ae6d11149d29178933ae7ab573093e65.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  87.8 KB tubing this weekend on some railing that came out great.

I would skip out on work and go get a spool gun today if I knew it would weld anything like steel does with the 211.

I actually looked up some more aluminum videos with the spool gun today and what I'm seeing is it can do pretty good after a little preheat, from several runs or other means.

Most I had seen are people trying it for the first time. So you guys that run it often may be doing great with it.

That 211 is the stuff as far as I am concerned. With aluminum I just don't know. I have a Tig setup so I'm hesitant about springing for a spool gun. That's all.

Sorry for the confusion. Crap I attached that right in the middle of a sentence. LOL

Comment

If its alum you want to weld check Ipm on each machine . You also need to do more than the 4043. If I ever buy one for alum its going to be at least a 252 under sized machine , not enough Ipm , 1 class of wire is probably not going to be the fun and satisfaction your looking for.

Comment

Yeah I did notice the ipm rate on the 211 is 460ipm and the bigger 212-252 are 700+ipm

I have $1810 saved up so far so either get the 211 now all set up or wait longer (which I can but its hard to) for the 252.

I don't believe for $500 more before the spool gun addition that the 212 is worth the extra $$

Guess I have "fine wine taste on a beer budget" lol

Comment

Not to hijack this thread goin off topic but had anyone used Lincoln's 4047 wire? Suppose to increase silicon , minimize hot crack and higher shear strength than 4043.

Comment

lol

Originally posted by Precision View Post
              Not to hijack this thread goin off topic but had anyone used Lincoln's 4047 wire? Suppose to increase silicon , minimize hot crack and higher shear strength than 4043.
              Great question...for a new thread...
              MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
              Just For Home Projects.

Comment

2 used 252's may come up for sale next week.

Will wait and see what kind of $$ they want for them and what shape they are in

Comment

My deciding factor was the warranty. I didn't want the headache of possibly dealing with a machine with bad voodoo so I just got the new one. Plus the rebate just got extended, that puts the 211 under $1000. Can't beat that, even with a switch granny makes you grab off the willow tree.

Comment

What is a good price for a used 252 with Stock Mig gun and a 90 day warranty?

Comment

Don't forget the 252 is set up for push/pull when you add a aluminum gun. We had one stolen and just got two new ones. We usually run .045 solid or E71T at high amperage. They are great units but have to wait for the gun to come in for AL. For what the cost offset is I can understand where you are at but they will weld anything you would ever personally build.

Comment

Looking more and more like the 211...

Price on 252 just went up by $50 on most sites and also noticed that it is not part of the extended build with Blue Promo!

Anybody ever hear of or deal with these guys??

Cheapest price on a 252 now http://www.condoweldingdepot.com/mil...ic-252-907321/

Thanks
                        Last edited by ericher69; 06-14-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericher69 View Post
                          Looking more and more like the 211...

Price on 252 just went up by $50 on most sites and also noticed that it is not part of the extended build with Blue Promo!

Anybody ever hear of or deal with these guys??

Cheapest price on a 252 now http://www.condoweldingdepot.com/mil...ic-252-907321/

Thanks
                          Here's my local supplier in Wisconsin. FREE SHIPPING $ 2195.00 on 252
                          211 is $1079.00
                          http://www.weldersupply.com/productd...&ID=36&pID=275

http://www.weldersupply.com/productd...&ID=36&pID=113

Comment

Yeah thanks was looking at them till I found the Condor supply price of $2180 free shipping

For $15 bucks though if you vouch for weldersupply I guess I will go with them

Comment

This maybe helpful too; from WELDING WEB

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...welders+supply

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...welders+supply

Comment

There was question in an earlier post of the 211 SM100 not doing well with 5356 wire

Found this video ; 1130 on with above wire seems to work better instead of 4043

Comment

Working...
                                X